It's been a long time since I've actually been 100% serious about the "TGIF" saying. Today was an awful day! Thankfully it ended MUCH better than it began. Otherwise, I'd probably be locked away in the closet, snuggling with something cuddly and comforting.
I visited Missie, Sean, baby Marin and the Rat Dogs today - that was the first thing that brightened my day and it was just what I needed to complete the rest of my errands and evening. Torin and Luca (said Rat Dogs) were highly entertaining and very protective of their new baby sister. Hopefully they'll still be that protective of her when baby Marin is a teenager and starting to date.
One of my friend's boyfriend's birthday party (dodgeball party) is tomorrow and I was asked to make his birthday cup/cake(s). I was thrilled and honored! I was actually afraid that after the day I had, the last thing I wanted to do was bake. However, baking turned my day around! It is such an outlet for me - I had no idea. The cupcakes turned out moist; none burned and none lost to the floor. (Thus far.) Half of the cupcakes are caramel flavored and the other half are chocolate fudge. I still have to make up a frosting recipe and frost the dozens of cupcakes, but that will make for a fun Saturday morning. As long as all goes as planned, of course.
Other things on the agenda this weekend:
hiking, cleaning, working out, enjoying the gorgeous weather, clipping Riley's nails, laundry, giving myself a pedicure, eBaying, breakfast with Stephen on Sunday, Farmer's Market, ...
I visited Missie, Sean, baby Marin and the Rat Dogs today - that was the first thing that brightened my day and it was just what I needed to complete the rest of my errands and evening. Torin and Luca (said Rat Dogs) were highly entertaining and very protective of their new baby sister. Hopefully they'll still be that protective of her when baby Marin is a teenager and starting to date.
One of my friend's boyfriend's birthday party (dodgeball party) is tomorrow and I was asked to make his birthday cup/cake(s). I was thrilled and honored! I was actually afraid that after the day I had, the last thing I wanted to do was bake. However, baking turned my day around! It is such an outlet for me - I had no idea. The cupcakes turned out moist; none burned and none lost to the floor. (Thus far.) Half of the cupcakes are caramel flavored and the other half are chocolate fudge. I still have to make up a frosting recipe and frost the dozens of cupcakes, but that will make for a fun Saturday morning. As long as all goes as planned, of course.
Other things on the agenda this weekend:
hiking, cleaning, working out, enjoying the gorgeous weather, clipping Riley's nails, laundry, giving myself a pedicure, eBaying, breakfast with Stephen on Sunday, Farmer's Market, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment