Tuesday, September 13, 2011

[nearly] The End of T1

T1 = Trimester One

I never thought I would start seeing the end of the morning [aka ALL DAY] sickness phase! But alast! It is coming to a slow. Not a screeching halt, but I'm definitely experience some periods of relief. I'm still experiencing EXTREME sleepiness but I have been cutting back on naps.

At this point, most of our close friends and family have heard our news but I have not yet made an official announcement via Facebook. I'm still anxious and in that "anything can happen" stage which I feel I should be getting over soon. My doctor keeps reassuring me that everything is going as planned and our peach (fruit of the week) is very healthy. What can I say...? I'm a nervous mommy. And I have every right to be. I've gone through some pretty scary stuff in the past.

Stephen and I went to my first doctor appointment together where he was finally able to hear our baby's heartbeat, as well as see it bounce around in the womb. I decided to do an additional [optional] testing called a Sequential Screening, which was a little over a week ago now. Since my mom had never seen an ultrasound, Stephen and I decided to have her come with me to this appointment. It was so fun to see how fascinated she was with the ultrasound! She also got to hear the heartbeat and watch her grandchild move around all over! It was a great experience for both of us, I think.

Stephen is sooo excited about being a daddy! He has been absolutely wonderful over the past few months. He kisses my belly goodnight every night when I climb into bed and spends time rubbing my belly when we're just hanging out. He's even purchased an adorable stuffed owl for our little one! He is going to be such an incredible dad - he already is! And I can't wait to see him in action.

No comments: