The lemon.
I am officially in T2 (2nd trimester) and our baby is the size of a lemon this week. My morning sickness is finally calming down, but I still cannot go a full day without feeling sick at some point. I'm hoping to find a lot of relief in the next two weeks. (Fingers crossed!)
This past weekend, Stephen's cousin Angela came to stay with us for a few days. We visited the Pittock Mansion and showed her around Portland some more. We ate a lot, of course - a typical visit with Angela. Where we ate: Thirsty Lion, Burgerville, Typhoon, Grilled Cheese Grill and Reedville Cafe. Angela took some photos of Stephen and I and made sure to get a few of the baby bump. The following photo was posted on Facebook today:

I didn't post any details or that we are, in fact pregnant, but Angela posted the photos on her wall and I started tagging Stephen. Not realizing, of course, that some of my friends could see the photos I tagged Stephen in. All of a sudden I started getting bombarded with questions so Stephen and I thought - well, why not post one of the photos and let people start guessing on their own. I wasn't quite ready to share with the world but ... here we are. I'm still very nervous and anxious that I will somehow jinx our pregnancy. I know that may sound silly, but I've been very cautious about telling friends and family thus far. If you're reading this, please keep us and our lemon in your thoughts and prayers. I still feel like anything could happen and I know it could even during delivery. I'm a wreck!
Stephen and I picked out the crib for the nursery but haven't yet purchased it. We found it at a store nearby but I found it online for a lot cheaper. Thankfully the reviews are all great! We will probably make the purchase in the coming few weeks. My parents just informed me today that they purchased a rocking horse for their grandchild while at the coast. I cannot wait to see it! I love rocking horses! They are such a classic toy.
On a different note, I have discovered (with the help from a dear friend) Pinterest. Oh my lanta - addicting to say the least. Check it out. Seriously. The recipes on there... Incredible.
1 comment:
I cannot wait for a little Juran!! You two are going to be fantatic parents. I feel so blessed that I will get to love and cherish this bundle of joy every day for the rest of my life!!
Post a Comment