Saturday, September 6, 2008

Post-Birthday Party: Success

Yesterday we celebrated Stephen's 26th Birthday. We spent most of the day doing a whole lot of nothing. He wanted to go to Portland, since it was another gorgeous, 80-degree plus day and dinner on the way home, but that conflicted with my secret plans. I think he was a bit disappointed and I felt really bad about it. I'm sorry, sweetheart!

I baked him an 8-layer Dark Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip with Chocolate Buttercream cake. And yes, it is as rich as it sounds, but very high on the ratings from fellow tasters.


We dined at Outback Steakhouse, where Stephen's been dying to eat at over the past year. There to surprise him was my family. Originally Stephen wanted all of us to meet for dinner somewhere, but I told him my parents were busy and that going to dinner with just my grandparents wouldn't be thrilling. (No offense Mamo and Papo!) Stephen ordered prime rib and a fully loaded baked potato - all of which he ate. I ordered Chicken on the Barbie with a yummy sweet potato. Outback gets an A+! The food and service was delicious!

After dinner, instead of serving cake at the restaurant, we decided to go to my grandparents' house for cake and gifts. Stephen got money, a gift card to Powell's, a blazer and his beloved wish-list item; a new videocard for his computer. (That last one from me, of course.) And a surprise to top off the night, there was a huge bat flying around my grandparents' house! Luckily, we opened the front door and it eventually flew out.

No comments: