I FAIL at keeping up my blog. Time and time again... I forget!
It's been since November. Thanksgiving happened and sadly it's a fog to me in my current state (37w pregnant). Stephen and I spent Turkey Day at my parents' house, along with my grandparents and aunt. I made a veggie platter, which was all I was in charge of. I do remember that it was tiring! And I made it in the shape of a turkey.
The annual Cookie Party, with the FVH groupies, was my first sober Cookie Party since my first. It was still fun; the girls made me N/A Jell-O shots, which was so sweet and thoughtful of them! They were tasty going down, but the little one inside did not appreciate them like I did. It was the thought that counts and it meant a lot.Next came Christmas, which was crazy! We spent Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house, Christmas morning in Salem with Stephen's parents and brother, Christmas afternoon at Stephen's aunt and uncle's house in Salem and Christmas night with my parents and grandparents and the 'rents' house. Needless to say, the holidays were wonderful (and we were spoiled) but exhausting.
In January we found out that the house we had an offer in on was finally accepted! Being a short sale, we knew it would be awhile until we heard and I had a feeling we would end up moving around the time Snapple was due. I was right. We are preparing to move right after the first of March, which also happens to be around week 38-39. As insane and as hectic as it may be, we are excited! So many changes happening all at once.
My first baby shower was given by close friends Allison, Shawna and T-Lee on January 22nd. There were nearly 30 women gathered at my mom's house for the occasion. I cannot explain my level of gratitude to my friends and family who were there to celebrate. It was a beautiful shower that will not be forgotten. Snapple and I are so very spoiled and definitely loved!
I had a second baby shower given by another set of close friends, Missie and Jessie on February 5th. It was a smaller shower including some of my FVH coworkers and it was so much fun! This baby is a lucky one, to have so many people already adoring him/her.
Stephen and I didn't do much for Valentine's Day this year since I've been feeling so tired and worn out - and we've been spending less. I picked up takeout from Thai Princess (LOVE) and we hung out at home for the rest of the evening. That was probably our last quiet Valentine's Day for quite some time!
In the midst of packing for our move and getting ready to bring this little miracle into the world, Stephen and I took a "babymoon" to the coast for a night at our favorite, The Coho. Although it was a short trip, it was amazing and our last getaway without having to worry about a child. The weather turned out to be beautiful; we even got to lounge in the sun for awhile watching the sun go down. We spent some time browsing the outlet stores and ate at a couple of our favorite restaurants, J's Fish N Chips and Mo's.
I had a second baby shower given by another set of close friends, Missie and Jessie on February 5th. It was a smaller shower including some of my FVH coworkers and it was so much fun! This baby is a lucky one, to have so many people already adoring him/her.
Stephen and I didn't do much for Valentine's Day this year since I've been feeling so tired and worn out - and we've been spending less. I picked up takeout from Thai Princess (LOVE) and we hung out at home for the rest of the evening. That was probably our last quiet Valentine's Day for quite some time!
In the midst of packing for our move and getting ready to bring this little miracle into the world, Stephen and I took a "babymoon" to the coast for a night at our favorite, The Coho. Although it was a short trip, it was amazing and our last getaway without having to worry about a child. The weather turned out to be beautiful; we even got to lounge in the sun for awhile watching the sun go down. We spent some time browsing the outlet stores and ate at a couple of our favorite restaurants, J's Fish N Chips and Mo's.
We had our 37w appointment on February 27th and everything is going smoothly with our bun in the oven! Snapple is measuring at 39w, but no effacement or dilation yet. I have had some contractions, but nothing consistent. We are now in the teens of our countdown: 19 days! I cannot believe how fast time is passing. I remember everyone telling me how slow the last part of the pregnancy would go, but it's not. The whole pregnancy has flown by. Our Snapple aka Monkey Toes aka Thumper will be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment