Friday, December 5, 2008

Long Lost Someone

My heart smiled today.

My long lost someone came back to me. We had been out of touch for years, although I thought about her almost daily. She and I were attached at the hip. She was my sister and friend. She was my buddy and the one person at the time I could tell almost anything to. And then we lost touch when I went off to college. Ever since then, I've wondered about her and what she was up to.

She's been going through a rough time throughout the past couple of years. She's a fighter; she always has been. I hope she knows I'm still here for her and that I have missed her dearly. My heart reaches out to her and of course, her family.

*On a side note, according to Stephen I just made a funny. Here we are sitting at our desks. Out of the blue I say, "I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I think I'll call in 'dead'."

No comments: